How can we help?
Our advisors can assist you in almost all kinds of cases. Here you will find information about the kinds of cases we can help you with, and the answers to some frequently asked questions.
With very few exceptions Copenhagen Legal Aid will be able to assist you with many kinds of cases. The legal aid can for example advise you about:
- tenancy agreements
- contracts/conditions of employment and holiday pay
- social security cases and appeal of decisions made by public authorities
- residency permits
- consumer law
- hire purchase agreements, contracts, debt obligations and debt rescheduling
- law of torts and insurance
- cohabitation ((non-marital relationship)
- pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- legal separation, divorce and division of property
- maintenance (alimony)
- child custody and access (visitation rights)
- wills, administration and inheritance
In the following areas, our advice will be limited to basic verbal advice:
- if you are a professional (commercial enterprises) and your question is predominantly of a commercial nature
- if you are charged with or indicted of a criminal offence
- if your question relates to an assessment of your legal position in connection with a libel suit
- in libel cases, we only offer limited advice
Will I have to pay to get help?
No, it is free to get assistance in the Legal Aid.
Can I get more than verbal advice in the Legal Aid?
Yes, often the Legal Aid will write letters to the counterparty and handle your case if the Legal Aid believes that this is necessary.
Can the Legal Aid go to court for me?
No, the Legal Aid's employees only work for the Legal Aid in the evening and cannot assist you in court. However, if you are asked to meet in court or your case otherwise needs to be brought before the courts, the Legal Aid will assist you with bringing the case before the courts via the Legal Aid's external associated law firms. You may be eligible to receive financial support for this, which the Legal Aid will advise you about.